Chaos logs


"Smile . . . tomorrow will be worse."
The Murphy Philosophy

"If everything seems to be going well, you have obviously overlooked something."

"Left to themselves, things tend to go from bad to worse."
Murphy's Laws

Thursday, April 17, 2003

Murphy strikes again
So there he is again. I was already wondering if he had forgotten about me in his old days, but obviously he had not - and as usual he returns with a boom: my plans to move into one hell of a nice room in a living community (if that's the correct translation; if not, sue me) came to a sudden halt when I received today's only call.
"Hate to bring bad news, but we've decided for the other two applicants for the rooms."
Yeah. I'm sorry too. Chances were 1/3, so I guess I shouldn't be taken too much aback, given the fact that "everything else" in my life went rather fine lately. Still, it sucks. I was seriously looking forward to that room and the other people in that community...

Oh well. I guess I'll just have to have a quick look into the paper on Monday when I'm home and there'll be other nice rooms or flats to move into. Otherwise I'll stick to my backup plan - but I somehow got the feeling that ol' Murphy's just waiting for me to do that...