Chaos logs


"Smile . . . tomorrow will be worse."
The Murphy Philosophy

"If everything seems to be going well, you have obviously overlooked something."

"Left to themselves, things tend to go from bad to worse."
Murphy's Laws

Sunday, May 18, 2003

Death from above!
Rah! So, it seems like I'll finally get my chance: the week at Lebach paratrooper base rocked more than anything I did so far while serving!
Went out shooting 3 times, slept out in the country 3 nights, had day and night reconnaissance training and got to use nightvision and infrared goggles for the first time (ROCK-ING!!!), got totally soaked the entire time spent outside - it rained from the moment we left the base until we re-entered it, heh - and generally had the most fun time ever since joining the army. And all of that in only 5 days down there!!
My superiours down there were "impressed that a guy from the radio operator troop is able to move that silenty out in the woods" (heh, I clearly own!) and clearly I'll do anything to get there.

Back down to Earth: two weeks of shift-work ahead. From 100 to 0 in 2 seconds. Incredible. At least my notebook is supposed to finally arrive within the week, plus I got myself the new Marylin Manson album, which rocks big time. (I confess I downloaded some of the tracks, but they only made me buy the album...)

Back to you on Tuesday. Heads up and keep on rolling.