Chaos logs


"Smile . . . tomorrow will be worse."
The Murphy Philosophy

"If everything seems to be going well, you have obviously overlooked something."

"Left to themselves, things tend to go from bad to worse."
Murphy's Laws

Tuesday, May 06, 2003

Regular service sucks
So it's regular-service-week again. Sigh. Only two days and already I miss the freedom of shift-work! Your superiours don't bother you, you get to do what you like to do (reading, playing senselessly violant 3d-shooters on the laptop, sleeping without bothering about superiours etc) and you get extra money and free days off for it!! Who wouldn't like that, I ask you!
But no, instead I have to sit around do nothing, be ordered about by superiours who're almost as bored as I am ... and when they ask for "people with computer knowledge" all they need is someone who types their lists...

Good news of the day though: I'll be commanded to join paratroopers "on trial" in a month or so - will get exact dates within the week - and finally it'll start moving somewhere!!! Paratroopers, here I come!
Apropos "paratroopers": a friend of mine from Canada sent me a toy paratrooper for my birthday present! How cool is that!