Chaos logs


"Smile . . . tomorrow will be worse."
The Murphy Philosophy

"If everything seems to be going well, you have obviously overlooked something."

"Left to themselves, things tend to go from bad to worse."
Murphy's Laws

Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Computer's cutting edge
Tonight, I decided to salvage the remains of the data left on my damaged 120GB HDD before going to bed early (before midnight, that was supposed to be).
It all worked out nicely, I got all the stuff I really wanted transferred to another HDD; and then I remembered that I still had that card-reader lying around somewhere which I wanted to build into the machine at some point, so why not right now while it was all open?! Right.
Enter: Murphy
Just when I had removed a small metal plate so I could put the reader in and tried to lift up the case, the damn thing slipped out of my hands and only kept hanging onto one finger. Unfortunately, it hung onto it with probably the sharpest part, namely the slot where I had just removed the metal plate. Since I had already lifted the case up to almost desk height, I couldn't just let it drop, so instead, I slowly (sort of, at least) lowered it back to the ground. By the time it got back down, the damn metal slot had cut nicely into my right index finger, leaving one hell of a lot of blood being spilt all over the front of my PC case. (It really looked rather cool, I should've made a pic or left it that way, was some nice decoration...)
Now, after having been to the local clinic and being told that it can't be properly sewn because the cut is too wide, I now feature a rather disabling bandage around my right index finger, which is making mouse-clicks a pain and typing almost impossible without having to delete lots of additional letters caused by the bandage.
I guess I won't be playing too much computer games in the next few weeks, swimming is a no-go too - and unfortunately, even my job in the pub is affected. I'll have to work something out with my boss, since I really need that money and can't afford losing 2-3 weeks' payments...

But for now, I'll call it a day and get to bed. *poof*