Chaos logs


"Smile . . . tomorrow will be worse."
The Murphy Philosophy

"If everything seems to be going well, you have obviously overlooked something."

"Left to themselves, things tend to go from bad to worse."
Murphy's Laws

Saturday, July 26, 2003

EvacOp
So we're having EvacOp drill at the moment. Checkpoints, roadblocks, ID and car checks, the whole thing. And that's been only 2 days of the past week, with night recon (and new night-vision goggles for everyone! Awesome!!) between those two days, a day when we went shooting before 'em .. it's been quite a week of stress. But since it's been fun just the same, I'm rather okay-ish with the stress, and this weekend I actually got quite a load of (well-deserved and very, very necessary) sleep, so I'm fine.
Unfortunately, due to the lots of drill and training and me being rather short of money at the moment (have to think trice before going to the local internet cafe), my reports have become a bit rare, but I'll try to make up for it once my holidays start, which is only 2 weeks from now! Can't wait for 'em to start, actually, and for good reasons: Canada, Denmark, lotsa fun ahead and I'll finally meet Rosa! Not to mention that the week in Denmark is destined to rock, with all the people that'll come along! Best-friends-only-holidays are just the greatest thing in the world...!

Anyways. I'll have to make a break here already again, duty calls and I'm supposed to leave in about half an hour and still gotta pack stuff like my laptop and check again if I didn't forget something I might need next week, when EvacOp continues.

Thanks to the readers and commentators, it's always a pleasure to get some sort of feedback! Back to you in a week most likely.