Chaos logs


"Smile . . . tomorrow will be worse."
The Murphy Philosophy

"If everything seems to be going well, you have obviously overlooked something."

"Left to themselves, things tend to go from bad to worse."
Murphy's Laws

Sunday, January 25, 2004

Good thing, bad thing
  • Good thing: my weekend was absolutely enjoyable, as I spent about 95% of it with J (my girl); also, we went to see "Body Worlds" in Frankfurt yesterday, which was sort of interesting, even though it made me think what the anatomical sense of a preparation in the pose of a check player (or basketball player, or guy holding up his own skin) might be. I couldn't find any, except for "l'art pour l'art", which is, to my mind, rather unnecessary and doesn't show too much dignity towards the dead.

  • Bad thing: Due to the bloody uncomfortable seating in German trains, my back hurts like hell and I feel like an old man, not being able to tie my shoe-laces without grimacing thanks to little hot needles racing up my spine. Also, my right foot constantly grows dizzy. To quote Star Wars: "I have a bad feeling about this." I might have to pay the doc a visit, yet again. You bet my superiours won't like that, but what am I supposed to do...?!