Chaos logs


"Smile . . . tomorrow will be worse."
The Murphy Philosophy

"If everything seems to be going well, you have obviously overlooked something."

"Left to themselves, things tend to go from bad to worse."
Murphy's Laws

Friday, January 30, 2004

Nameless injuries / Murphy got me at last
Well. I have to admit it: my English has reached its limit. I have an injury on my lower spine and I have no idea how to properly translate it. Jay (from neversmile) came up with "invertebral disc incident", which sounds right to my non-native ears.
Anyways. The stairs were a worse idea than I had originally thought. Even though nothing is broken, the lower part of my spine is injured. One of the discs between the bones has gone astray and decided that moving out might be an option. I'm walking like an old man since back then, and today, I've been sent home for an unknown time to do some therapy. Good thing that Army's paying for that, otherwise I'd be a wreck with close-to-22, because neither me nor my parents could afford the treatment. It'll take a few weeks, maybe even months and it won't heal completely (ever!), but it'll get better.
Skydiving, at least the Army way, has officially died, though. As has any activity that goes beyond walking and I'm not even allowed to carry anything heavier than 3-4 kilogram. I feel a bit like a crippled, old man...