Chaos logs


"Smile . . . tomorrow will be worse."
The Murphy Philosophy

"If everything seems to be going well, you have obviously overlooked something."

"Left to themselves, things tend to go from bad to worse."
Murphy's Laws

Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Overdue
I've not written in a long time, for various reasons. So here's a short update on important stuff that happened since my last post 2 months ago.

:: Uni
I decided that for me, my current uni just doesn't do it and applied for Leiden University in .nl. If accepted, I'm going to take "Languages and cultures of China". Plans for moving are ready and all I need is an answer from them that says "we're happy to accept your application and offer you a place among our students" ... and a place to live at; which shouldn't be too much of a problem, considering that they offer places for international students for their 1st year.

:: Health
Despite irregular but well-known occasional pain in my back, I'm generally doing fine. I'm going for a swim every now and then, try not to sit hunched too much, been out in the sun quite a bit; back when it was shining anyways, now it's grey and rainy again, blah.

:: Family
Family's been starting to pull together and it seems that we could end up being a nice happy family after all. Even my younger brother starts being less bitchy at times. He's still a lazy fart though.
My mom's been to hospital last week, but she's doing fine and remains as stubborn as she's ever been.

:: Misc
I've got a new computer! \o/
It's not working yet, though. I completely forgot that I still had a 300W power supply, and that's a bit too small for my new system, which incorporates an AMD Athlon64 3000+, a 265Mb Radeon 9600 Pro and 1.5GB RAM in addition to 2 HDD, 2 optical drives and my floppy drive. A new case including a better power supply has been ordered last night; and just now I saw that my mainboard might not fit in there, I'm so cool .. NOT. Well, I'm going to wait and see if it does fit and just send it back if it doesn't.

Oh, and for all those interested in my sex-life: last weekend featured a one-night-stand avec une femme étrangée (I hope I didn't put my foot in my mouth with my French here), and it was quite a nice night. It also is the first woman I made out with whose name I don't know; neither does she know mine though, as that part just didn't come up for some reason.

So much for that. Have a good time, I'm having one for sure. Ta-taa.