Chaos logs


"Smile . . . tomorrow will be worse."
The Murphy Philosophy

"If everything seems to be going well, you have obviously overlooked something."

"Left to themselves, things tend to go from bad to worse."
Murphy's Laws

Tuesday, September 28, 2004

"Left to themselves, things tend to go from bad to worse."
To counter this, I decided to finally get my lazy ass up and in gear. My financial problems are being worked on, all due bills have been paid, I tricked my bank account into believing that I still had some space left, so the next few bills will be processed smoothly too (at least if everything goes according to plan(*)), I called Agency X to get in touch with the callcenter dudes and they're patching my local number through to them. Also, my mobile should be working within the next 2-3 days again.

On the note of mobiles:
R, a frequent reader from Canada, noted how much more variety there is in ringtones over here in Europe, and that people over here even have 2 mobiles. I was surprised to read that she was actually enjoying all the ring-a-ding-ding-dong (at least it sounded as if she was): those ringtones, the latest from Shaggy, Black Eyed Peas, Scooter, Rammstein and whatnot, they usually annoy the living hell out of me and in about 90% of all occasions that include me and one of those supposedly 'hip' ringtones involves an incredibly high amount of supressed aggression on my part and the virtual death of literally dozens of people. But then again, I guess it could be worse. I suppose living in Finland, Norway or (Murhpy forbid!!) Japan would be the deepest pits of Hell for me (in regards to ringtone/mobile maniacs).

Something completely different: I managed to claim a microwave oven and some other neat stuff for my place. We're becoming a pretty well-equipped flat-community, the only big stuff we're missing now is a washing-machine and a dishwasher; and maybe a freezer...

And that's it for tonight.

(*) Murphy's comment to that: "No plan survives enemy contact."