Chaos logs


"Smile . . . tomorrow will be worse."
The Murphy Philosophy

"If everything seems to be going well, you have obviously overlooked something."

"Left to themselves, things tend to go from bad to worse."
Murphy's Laws

Monday, August 01, 2005

Hello World
I'm still out here, I've just been occupied.
My life's a bit of a mess at the moment, with a still lingering uncertainly regarding my change of university and location, complete chaos in my living quarters (I'm not going to call this mess a room), a weird social life and a yet weirder sex life.

The latest info from Leiden University is that I'll get a call from the student coordinator responsible for me within the coming week, and apparently, I'll get to know then whether or not I'm accepted. The according letter should be arriving within 1-2 weeks, according to the people at the International Office. Did I already mention how sick all this waiting makes me?!

My room's been a mess for weeks now and every time I clean it up, it's a mess within mere hours again. My mom used to say that the state my room is in perfectly reflects my state of mind and I can't honestly disagree.
The waiting for response from Leiden Uni, growing dislike of one of my flatmates, the felt need to get away from this place and find one where I'm the only one I have to worry about, an overall state of emotional self-pity and exaggerated cynicism towards my surroundings and last but not least being told that no sense of jealousy is close to the worst thing a guy can have sort of adds up to a generally miserable and uncomfortable tenor of my every-day-life at the moment.

I decided to get rid of quite a lot stuff I just don't need anymore, mainly books I've read a couple of times but don't touch anymore and some spare computer parts. I'll probably get the latter sold to my younger brother, he might want to play around and try his tweaking skills on the remainders of what once were 2 PCs.
I should also reduce the amount of clothes that are stacking in my wardrobe, but I seem to have a "womens' problem" here with not being able to decide on what has to go and what's allowed to stay...

Ah well. Hopefully, I'll be able to go to Mannheim for a couple of days in the coming week and see NH again, feels like ages since I last saw her, although I think in reality it's only been 6-7 weeks or so. If I ever manage to get my tongue unglued when I'm around her, I'll try to come up with the topic of "her and me" when I see her the next time, it's been way overdue that this is being talked through in the open and without being the shy guy I usually am when it comes to emotional topics and expression of feelings.

Now, since I've not had a really good nightful of sleep this weekend so far (with partying on Friday night, work/party on Saturday and work tonight), I'm gonna try and grab some sleepies now.

Peace. Out.