Chaos logs


"Smile . . . tomorrow will be worse."
The Murphy Philosophy

"If everything seems to be going well, you have obviously overlooked something."

"Left to themselves, things tend to go from bad to worse."
Murphy's Laws

Thursday, May 04, 2006

Time of abscence
So I've been busy having a real life for once, and truth be told, I'm starting to enjoy and like it this way.
I've had a series of great weekends, finishing last weekend in London with what probably was the single most awful hangover I've had. Ever.
The trip to London was awesome nevertheless.
I managed to meet up with RP, whom I hadn't seen in 5 years since she went to Princeton to study, and although it was a short meet - I arrived at around 2:30am on Saturday, she left around noon the same day - it felt good seeing her again and talking a bit. Admittedly, I'd have loved to talk more, catch up a bit and chat about all the stuff that's been happening since we last saw each other. Guess I'll have to take a trip to Cambridge one of these days.
Saturday was mostly spent walking through London, checking in at most of the downtown tourist places and finishing it off with a quick food-shopping trip before diving into The Party.

The Party was just awesome. Tons of people I didn't know before but were really enjoyable company (some even more than in just the regular way ;)), quite a nice amount of booze (and then some) and lots of fun.
Along came Sunday, with The Hangover and my flight back, a combination that I can't really recommend. I left my personal mark in three different bathrooms at Stansted Airport, in 3 of those funky paperbags during the flight and then once in one of the bathrooms at Tampere Airport. Yes, I was feeling a bit woozy in the stomach...
Unfortunately, Sunday was April 30th and thus the day before May 1st, more commonly known in Finland as 'Vappu' and incidentally the biggest commonly celebrated holiday after New Year's Eve - which basically means nothing other than everyone drinking themselves out of their mind and going crazy on the streets, including costumes and all that. For Finnish people, "getting drunk out of their mind" means that they lose their ability to walk straight; which is a very scary thing considering the amounts they can drink before that happens.
So there I was, stuck with a Hangover From Hell and Vappu. Luckily, people had been drinking the night before already (or were drunk already), so I got away with just water (and God was I thankful for that).

Now everything's back to normal again. Which also means I'll continue having a real life as much as I can. Blog entries will be a bit rarer again, but I'll try to keep everyone up-to-date with the bigger events in my life. See you around,

ta-taa.