Chaos logs


"Smile . . . tomorrow will be worse."
The Murphy Philosophy

"If everything seems to be going well, you have obviously overlooked something."

"Left to themselves, things tend to go from bad to worse."
Murphy's Laws

Wednesday, August 17, 2005

How long until the sun starts burning the flesh of my bones?
I've been working every shift I could get lately, much to the goodwill ATMs show to me lately; but I'm not sure if it's really doing me much good, as I hardly get to see a lot of sunlight due to working at night and therefor sleeping most of the day, and with days starting to turn shorter and the weather having been a major bitch around here in the past two weeks or so, I start feeling like some creepy creature of the night that turns to ashes as the first ray of sunlight hits my skin.
Incidentally, the weather's said to improve, at least for the next couple of days, so I'll have plenty of opportunities to test myself for sun allergy.

On Saturday, I'm going to attend a good friend's wedding and I'm not sure if I really wanna go there. The wedding gift I was asked to work out is not even close to adequate in my opinion, and I feel I shouldn't have taken on that job in the first place, not being sure I could handle it. I've done my best though, and that will have to suffice I'm afraid.
But even apart from the gift issue, that wedding's kinda stress for me, as I couldn't find anyone to cover my Sunday night shift at the pub, so it'll be a short Saturday night for me with a 2-hours car-ride back home in the night and catching an early train on Sunday. I'd love to meet with NH too, but I doubt I'll find any time for that, so I guess I'll have to hope that she really does come visit me at some point at my place before the new semester starts; I'm secretly doubting it though...

On the good side, I've managed to hunt down a new flat, which is closer to uni and closer to the pub, which is good because it means that I can still work while getting to bed earlier after I've closed and having to get up later to go to uni! Ain't that a win/win, eh?

Anyways, didn't sleep much last night, gonna grab a couple of hours now or I'm gonna drop dead, even though it probably means I won't be able to sleep tonight again. A vicious circle, really.