Chaos logs


"Smile . . . tomorrow will be worse."
The Murphy Philosophy

"If everything seems to be going well, you have obviously overlooked something."

"Left to themselves, things tend to go from bad to worse."
Murphy's Laws

Thursday, October 20, 2005

Quick update
Uni has started and the first couple of days pretty much wore me down, with all the stuff I had to get through with for myself and then the add-on work for the student council.
Alas, my schedule is done and interested readers can have a peak at it here.
As you can see, it's quite a lot of things I'm doing, and it's even more than I would have to do! (*gasp*) The modules on Southeast Asia and Japan are the extra stuff, and IT/R&P (IT, Research&Presentation) is only on that schedule because I should go there every once in a while and have a look at how the newbies are doing.
Nevertheless, I'm facing a grand total of 28 hours(*) of seminars this semester, 16 of which are language classes which need vocabulary revising and everything else that comes with learning languages. Luckily, I'm not having much problems with either of the two Japanese syllable alphabets (hiragana and katakana) so far; having had Japanese lessons back in 9th and 10th grade seems to finally pay off.
The module about Southeast Asia is 'teh b0mb' as they say, with the Indochina part being entirely dedicated to Cambodia, the country I fell in love with while reading about the different places down there.

My flat's getting more and more comfy, I finally started unpacking my cooking equipment and set a deadline for JT to move his used stuff out of the kitchen into his place.
In roughly a week, there'll be a huge crowd gathering here, as the hirr community will be holding a meeting here in Bonn, with 11 foreigners (from 5 different countries!) and 4 locals attending and getting massively drunk together while harrassing anyone within earshot range. Damn, this is going to be fun! I can hardly wait for it to begin!

The numbers on my bank account are starting to look friendlier again and a 6-week-trip to Southeast Asia in the next semester is coming into sight again. Also, I decided that if I failed that history exam (of which the results are still not published), I'll see to it that I earn a bit of extra-money as quickly as possible and then I'll head off for some sort of work/spontanious internship/vacation mix down in that region.
But then again, I also decided that I passed that exam, so I guess Cambodia et al will have to wait a bit longer still... ;)

Anyways, time for sleepies, gotta get registered as a local resident tomorrow, been taking my time with that for too long (and I am, admittedly, greedy for those free cinema tickets), which means I'll have to get up early despite tomorrow being my lazy-day.

SayƓnara.

Ta-taa.

(*) academic/school hours; 1h = 45m