Chaos logs


"Smile . . . tomorrow will be worse."
The Murphy Philosophy

"If everything seems to be going well, you have obviously overlooked something."

"Left to themselves, things tend to go from bad to worse."
Murphy's Laws

Friday, January 13, 2006

Eureka!
After 50 hours of cellphone testing in 4 days, it's finally over!
I've finished writing the last report just about an hour ago and sent it all off by email, so now I'm free to do as I please again and live like a bum. Time to put sleep back into my daily schedule again too, I guess. :)

I'm very likely to apply for a more permanent (part-time) job as phone tester for that company though, and it seems to be the ideal backup plan in case my SOAS/London plans go up in smoke, which I hope they don't.
In any case, it was a fun job (despite the lack of good sleep) and I realized again how well I go along with modern tech stuff.

While working at the bar tonight, a former regular customer of old times dropped by and it just so happens to be that he's running a translation bureau. I told him of my plans for London and the general translation/interpretation thing I'm aiming for and he said if I kept in touch with my boss from the bar during London, I should drop a line once I've finished studying and he might be able to offer me a job. I'm not sure how much there really is to that, but hey, it's a good thing to keep in mind!

Anyways, I'm off to bed, I'm dead tired and it's way too late already again.

Ta-taa.