Chaos logs


"Smile . . . tomorrow will be worse."
The Murphy Philosophy

"If everything seems to be going well, you have obviously overlooked something."

"Left to themselves, things tend to go from bad to worse."
Murphy's Laws

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Toys & Testing
OMG, I feel as if I was 14 again!!
No, I'm not madly in love (hah, as if that'd happen to me again .. fool me once etc!), but something a lot better happened:

I found an 18" Spiderman action figure with 67(!!) joints!

Is that cool or is that cool?!
You can put it into various positions, and it's able to support itself in quite a few extravagant poses, including this, this and this one. Admittedly, I cheated a bit for the last one, but I'll leave it to you to guess how I did it.
As you can see, I've been playing around with it quite a lot this evening...


...well, after I was done with testing mobile phones, anyways; which is pretty boring - or annoying, in the case of Motorola phones!

The Motorola RAZR V3 is one damn good-looking phone (especially in black), I'll give it that.
Unfortunately, the good looks is the only good thing about it. I'm very glad I didn't go for it when I had the chance to get a cheap RAZR a few weeks back, it'd probably have ended smashed to pieces within a day or two; the only thing that's kept me from bringing the same fate to the RAZR at question is the fact that it's supposed to be returned fully intact and in one piece.
My natural dislike of Sony-Ericson phones has vanished, on the other hand. I've tested the W800i and I'll also be testing the W900, which has a very funky side-slide mechanism when the upper and lower parts are being turned against each other (making it look like this).
Handling of the W800i was fantastic, and I even got along with menues, which were completely new to me and differ quite a bit from my ol' trusted Nokia 6610i. I'm expecting the W900 to feel and handle similar to the W800i, and I'm looking forward to testing that sweet piece of plastic...

More phones will be tested during the next 2 days, and despite the simple fact that it's pretty boring work (going through the same procedure several times just doesn't make for an interesting job), it's still something I have so far enjoyed doing - something which will most likely only change once I try my luck with the RAZR again, for the third time then.

Some other things have happened (including a me+girl topic), but I'll have to postpone that to the next blog entry (oooh, the suspense :P), as I really need some sleep for once or else I'll be dropping dead some time around noon tomorrow.

That said, there's only one other thing left to say and that is:

"Ta-taa".