Chaos logs


"Smile . . . tomorrow will be worse."
The Murphy Philosophy

"If everything seems to be going well, you have obviously overlooked something."

"Left to themselves, things tend to go from bad to worse."
Murphy's Laws

Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Opportunities and Japanese Fear Factor
Today, I was offered a 4-months job at the company I've been testing cellphones for last week; I'd be working there March through June. The only thing I have to iron out now are the tax issues and impacts on my general financial situation, but the overall gut feeling I have on this is pretty good .. no, actually, I've been smiling like a maniac ever since Ruxu asked me if I'd like to work there.
Rest assured that I'll be blogging about Finland, should it all work out! I just gotta get my laptop working again. Or maybe sell it and go for a MacBook Pro right away? ;D

On a completely unrelated note: Japanese Fear Factor (link; see disclaimer!) is .. uhm .. well, I guess 'weird' is the correct attribute. Guess it shows how far "entertainment" industry can go...

On another completely unrelated note: today I was taught the difference between face-to-face communication and chatting again. I had had a strange entry in my guestbook on a community website the other night, by someone I didn't know until then; and I thought I had managed to find out who it was. Today I talked to that person, asked her if it was her who left that entry and she seemed totally surprised. After a few minutes of back and forth she then told me "nah, it was really me, I was just fooling around with you".
Lesson learnt: in real life, this wouldn't have happened, as facial expressions and gestures make it so much easier to read if someone's kidding around or being serious. No harm done though, it was all very nice and friendly, and her "alter ego"'s guestbook entry was very cute.

And now, I gotta run off to work.

Ta-taa.

Disclaimer
Link not suited for minors! Depending on your location, viewing/downloading that video might be illegal!
I take no responsibility for anything you do, nor for the contents of linked websites, images or links.