Chaos logs


"Smile . . . tomorrow will be worse."
The Murphy Philosophy

"If everything seems to be going well, you have obviously overlooked something."

"Left to themselves, things tend to go from bad to worse."
Murphy's Laws

Friday, June 18, 2004

Good, bad ... I'm the guy with the fun
My day started extremely crappy today. (Yesterday, actually, since it's Friday by now, but anyways.)
Original plans involved another trip to Mannheim, a nice party with nice people and most likely the last occasion on which I'll be able to see A before she leaves for Portland. "Most likely" because I'll be busy with army for the next 10 days and won't be able to just hop into a train and go down there, and I'll lose my free ticket end of the month. So much for the theory.
Enter: Murphy
Got an SMS late last night if I had already a ticket for the party. No, of course I did not, how should I, being about two and a half hours away from the next location to buy them?! So I asked her to get me one. I was suspecting already that my party-plans were heading for the cliffs then already, alas, hope dies last.
About 20 minutes before my train left, I got another SMS, telling me that it had been planned badly and no more cards had been available. "I fucked up, sorry".

I guess I shouldn't be so immensely disappointed, but whenever I'm re-reading that SMS, I can't help but to think "Indeed, you majorly fucked up, thank you, there was no need to invite me in the first place to then fuck it up like that and make me feel like a complete moron who got majorly played". I'm being a bit harsh, but seriously, I'm fucking disappointed about the whole thing.

Fortunately, my mood had calmed a bit after I had gone to bed around 2pm and sleeping until around 9pm. Sleep helps keeping your head free; should you ever feel immensely depressed about something, try sleeping a couple of hours, it usually works miracles for me.
I went online then, and that made my day. I got to read a really funny story about revenge anal rape and I found out aboutCliff Yablonski, which is hilarious. I've laughed so hard that I'll have sore muscles tomorrow, I'm sure.

And now, it's half past 4 in the morning, and I'm still awake. I might go and wreak some carnage in one of the evil 3d ego shooters that make killers out of harmless people. Yes, that sounds like a good thing to me. Have a good night.