Chaos logs


"Smile . . . tomorrow will be worse."
The Murphy Philosophy

"If everything seems to be going well, you have obviously overlooked something."

"Left to themselves, things tend to go from bad to worse."
Murphy's Laws

Wednesday, October 20, 2004

Wo jiào TC. Wo xuéxí Hànyu, ni ne?
I wish all of my chinese vocabulary and especially the writing was as easy as remembering those two sentences. I'm falling behind with my knowledge in writing. It's so much easier to remember the pinyin (writing with latin letters) than the actual chinese writing (hànzì). It's exactly what I wanted to not happen and I'll have to work hard now to counter-learn the current wave of convenience.

In regards to last weekend: it was some great fun indeed. Partied until 4 in the morning on Friday night (well, SAT morning), fell asleep around 0630. Got up again at 3 in the afternoon, enjoyed the incredibly nice weather while taking the dog for a 2-hours-walk.
After meeting one of my best friends (if not my best friend), NH, who left for .nz last night, I went back to my home club and partied again. I had to surrender around 2 on SUN morning though, sleeping pattern was taking its toll.
I did meet VR on both nights and we had a bit of good time with each other though.

Since then, I've been suffering from partially self-induced sleep deprivation, long nights of chatting and having fun with SB, who's been here the past two nights and we had some great laughs.
To my annoyance I realized today that I'm starting to have gaps in my memorized vocabulary; hence the introduction above.

And that's why I'll leave this blog be for now and continue trying to learn writing and the vocabulary!

P.S: Japanese lessons didn't work out. Good thing though, more time for Chinese. Off to work!