Chaos logs


"Smile . . . tomorrow will be worse."
The Murphy Philosophy

"If everything seems to be going well, you have obviously overlooked something."

"Left to themselves, things tend to go from bad to worse."
Murphy's Laws

Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Down with the sickness! ...and a bit of ego-polishing
Since last night, I've been throwing up pretty much everything I tried to eat: dry bread, soup, pretzel sticks; you name it, I've thrown it up.
In addition to that, I've been plagued with an increasingly annoying cold over the past few days, and the combination of those two is really starting to wear me down. I feel sluggish, I'm constantly hungry but afraid to eat anything, my stomach feels as if it was going to start eating up itself, I've got a painful headache that feels like someone stabbing a hot needle through my eye whenever I make a sudden movement...

To sum it all up: I'm feeling sick!

But it's not all bad and wrong in my life, mind you! Today, I got my letter of recommendation for my application at SOAS from my former Chinese teacher, and if there's ever been any written testimonial of me being teh b0mb, it's this recommendation! I got all warm and fuzzy inside when I read it!
I highly doubt that anything can go wrong now with my application, but I'm also sure that some sort of higher power I don't believe in is going to try and fuck me over 5 ways to Sunday...

In any case, I have to get back to the bathroom, my stomach's starting its act again. :(

Ta-taa.